[nycphp-talk] php authentication and .htaccess protection

felix zaslavskiy felix at bebinary.com
Fri Apr 2 18:43:52 EST 2004

>>> Okay, so everything in a given directory gets sent through a script
>>> that you specify in the SetHandler, right?
>>
>> Yep. The downside is that your script has to be smart enough to
>> reimplement the parts of Apache that it's taking over -- directory
>> listings, file metadata (content-type, size, last-modified, etc).

There is an interesting maybe alternative I have not tried it yet.
Using mod_fastcgi write a php stand alone script that does
authentication/autherization using these directives:
FastCgiAccessChecke
FastCgiAuthenticator
FastCgiAuthorizer
This is basicaly a way to plug into the apache basic authentication
without implementing a handler.

--
Felix Zaslavskiy
http://www.zaslavskiy.net