[nycphp-talk] hairbrained?

Allen Shaw ashaw at iifwp.org
Mon Apr 5 17:39:48 EDT 2004

Yeah, I believe he actually knows he doesn't have these answers, he's
probably hoping I have some ideas.  I think that some of us in the
non-profit world hold on to the concept that like-minded people will be
willing to part with money for some particular product or service just
because we're a "good cause."  I personally believe that's a weak position.

I think for this I just need to get some clear black-and-white sample
numbers together, do the math for him, write down the hard questions, and
then give it back to him and let him take it where he wants.  Unfortunately
I claim zero business accumen, and I have never even looked into a project
like this.  If anybody wants to suggest some keywords for googling or maybe
a link to somebody's experiences with this kind of thing, that would be a
good starting place, and anyway he may be satisfied with whatever I come up
with out of my own common sense and a little imagination.

Thanks,
Allen