[nycphp-talk] JPEGs and metadata

Mark Armendariz nyphp at enobrev.com
Sun Apr 11 21:16:21 EDT 2004

> I need to build multiple galleries as part of an archival
> project, and normally I have been storing
> credit/caption/copyright as separate data in a database or a
> serialized text file, but I am wondering if there is a way I
> can just tag that data onto the file itself?  It seems to me
> that would be much slicker, in some ways...
>
> Any thoughts?

Very interesting idea.  So interesting I did some looking as well... Here's
what I came up with:

Php function to grab the meta data:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.exif-read-data.php

"EXIF.org is a site dedicated to EXIF and related resources. EXIF stands for
Exchangeable Image File Format, and is a standard for storing interchange
information in image files, especially those using JPEG compression."
http://www.exif.org/

Mmm.. I smell a few image management objects in the oven.  Oh, and look.. A
beer!!

Good luck!

Mark