[nycphp-talk] log-in

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Mon Apr 12 09:47:23 EDT 2004

Agreed:  form elements username and password should have labels "Username"
and "Password." But it's awkward if not impossible to avoid the L-word
forever.  For example this site has navigation thingies that say something
like "Members Only (Login Required)", or help file with a section headed
"Login Assistance."  True, you could substitute "Username/Password" in
each of the above cases but you see my point.  Especially where page
layout is a consideration and terse label texts are desirable.

I hear TIAA-CREF does a great job of managing people's money, though, no
matter how they spell /^log-?in$/    $$$ (-: $$$

> On Apr 11, 2004, at 7:46 PM, John Lacey wrote:
>
> > I prefer Username: [text box] and Password: [text box] with the submit
> > button reading "Login"

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17