[nycphp-talk] Zend Studio Client 3.5 beta gripes ...

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Thu Apr 22 17:11:04 EDT 2004

--- Chris Bielanski <Cbielanski at inta.org> wrote:
> I think we must honestly look at the Java environment as supported
> by Windoze. I have never had a java app run quickly under the MS JRE
> ... thoughts?

I've never seen a Java GUI app than ran fast on any platform. Well, you
can get them to run fast if you have a fast computer, awesome video card,
and lots of memory ("migs and megs of memories"), but they're still going
to be an order of magnitude slower than a good C or C++ GUI application.

I'm not sure why so many companies use Java for cross-platform GUI
development, since it's possible to use C or C++ instead. You may as well
use PHP-GTK. :-)

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/