[nycphp-talk] Search for NYPHP List Archives available, (alpha ver)

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Thu Apr 22 17:55:39 EDT 2004

Hi Chris,

thanks for your feedback. I will definitely try to add a "restrict to
month and/or year" option. Also - highlighted keywords would be a good
idea too. I am not sure how I would do that exactly ... maybe someone
use of regular expressions, or just str_replace ... (I'm not sure yet).

I am relatively new to regular expressions (having not had to use them
much before). Going off on this regex tangent:
The last two issues of PHP Architect ( www.phparch.com ) has great
articles on regular expressions ( Perl-style regexes). For anyone who is
interested, I made a list of all the good regular expression articles I
found:
http://www.moztips.com/wiki/index.pcgi?page=RegularExpressions

PHPBuilder also has some great articles on POSIX-style regular
expressions (linked in the list above). I find POSIX style expressions
much easier than the Perl-style ones somehow. (I like the idea of
[:alpha:] instead of a-zA-z).

On another note, the upcoming April 27th meeting sounds very
interesting. Clew sounds really cool.

Best Regards,

- Jay
PS: I had an idea today: maybe the scripts powering the searchable NYPHP
archives should be made into separate project / product. I could use the
same scripts to search through the old copies of my archived email.