[nycphp-talk] [ot] Anyone think the Cisco/TCP thing is goingaround?

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Fri Apr 23 11:24:29 EDT 2004

  Chris Snyder writes:
> Send them an invoice for the time you spent resolving their
> problem. It
> might make you feel better, at least.

 Wait 'til you get a defective modem with them.
 My experience was it took what seemed like an eternity
 of pleading with the support personnel to 'take my word for it'
 that the modem's dead. They wanted to exhaustively try falling back
 to different device drivers.

 He (the initial support guy) said, "Let's just try one thing first".
 So I patiently followed his step-by-step instructions.
 Then I realized where we were headed, and that he wanted me to
 rip out the device driver and put in an older one.

 I told him, "Whoa there partner, all the installing of
 software in the world's not going to help me -- the
 modem doesn't make it past the self-test after power-up.
 After wrangling with him for another amount of time, he
 finally let me talk to his supervisor.

 He (the supervisor) said, "Let's just try one thing first..."

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com

"The key to understanding recursion
is to begin by understanding recursion.
The rest is easy."