[nycphp-talk] [ot] Anyone think the Cisco/TCP thing is goingaround?

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Fri Apr 23 14:32:02 EDT 2004

Daniel Convissor wrote:

> Why even bother with DSL?  Cable is about the same price and is way
> faster.  I'm getting well over 2 Mbps on a regular basis.  Plus, it was
> installed two days after I called.

'Cause I don't have cable.  The only way I can watch my
beloved-but-woebegone Pittsburgh Steelers is by subscribing to the NFL
Sunday Ticket(TM), availabled only on DirecTV(TM).

Besides, not using cable keeps me from supporting another company that
everybody loves to hate.  So I suppose it's a wash.

Oh, and update.  The wifey says that they forgot to actually place the
new order, so the five-business-days starts again, right now (Friday,
one week later).  She thinks they might expedite, so we could be back
online as soon as next Tuesday.  Woo-hoo!  Hang on, gotta disconnect, I
think someone wants to call me.

-- Mitch