[nycphp-talk] [ot] Cable/DSL

leam leam at reuel.net
Fri Apr 23 15:22:25 EDT 2004

> Daniel Convissor wrote:
>
> >>Am I wrong?  If so the cost of a cable modem outweighs DSL by @
least 1/3.

> > I'm paying $42/mo.
>
> Hmm, I'm paying $24/mo for my DSL, and my buddy got me an Earthlink
> dialup for free.  Earthlink dialup rocks the house, baybee!
>
> -- Mitch

Earthlink DSL when I was in a Philly 'burb was bad. They used Genuity
Redbacks (term given me by someone who knows more); Genuity had link
problems somewhat often. My Comcast cable (sans TV, btw) has been solid.

I've also, since moving to Joisey, not found any DSL providers that went
into anyplace I lived. Cable is better than dial-up.  :)

ciao!

leam