[nycphp-talk] Re: login window snippet

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Sat Apr 24 10:50:15 EDT 2004

Hello Leam,

I have used the PEAR authentication class before:

http://pear.php.net/package/Auth

It is useful if you want to build a permissions system on top of it.

If you are looking for basic authentication, you can use .htaccess file
authentication which most shared hosts have a control panel tool for.
You can use a .htaccess file to password protect the contents of a whole
directory.

For storing the data the person has entered, I would use a database such
as MySQL instead of flat files. This will make any data migration or
(HTML) display change easy.

Best Regards,

- Jay

PS:Which host are you on, btw?