[nycphp-talk] Site Quote

Chris Hubbard chubbard at next-online.net
Wed Aug 11 14:11:44 EDT 2004

Joe,
My initial reaction is that your quote is fair and reasonable.  I've
built a couple projects this large and they were in your price range.
That being said it's hard to not get a project like this.  They can get
it built for considerably less money, they could use OSC as the core
shopping cart, and then start leveraging stuff into it.  Then they're
in trouble going forward.  Sometimes I ask the client when do they want
to pay the piper? Now? Later?  Unfortunately the answer is too often,
later.  I tend to let those folks work with someone else.  They
typically end up spending 3x - 5x more than they needed to on the
project.
I resonate with the sentiments, about the need to get people educated
about the true costs of development projects.
Chris