[nycphp-talk] DB for large datasets

Tim Sailer sailer at bnl.gov
Thu Aug 12 09:58:40 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:51:21AM -0400, Matthew Terenzio wrote:
> Postgres or Oracle .........that should work ; )

Well, if Oracle didn't work, I'd be surprised. However, the data
stream is quite large, and the Oracle server I'd have to use would be
not on the local machine, which, in my uninformed opinion, would be a
bottleneck itself. Anything local should be better. I'm hoping that
Postgres will work.

I guess I can use a view instead of a Merge table...

Tim

--
Tim Sailer <sailer at bnl.gov>
Information and Special Technologies Program