[nycphp-talk] DB for large datasets

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Thu Aug 12 10:14:50 EDT 2004

Tim Sailer writes:

"...I'm getting the notorious error 127 from the table
> handler, and bad corruption if I am foolish enough to try to
> delete from the tables."

Have you considered preprocessing/aggregating the
information for the most popular queries?

What I am suggesting is creating some redundant
and somewhat out of date (perhaps good up to the day before)
tables which sum up data for the current month.

This is assuming the queries wouldn't need up to
minute information and would be sort of 'same old selects'
in nature.

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com