[nycphp-talk] Auth sessions

Matthew Terenzio webmaster at localnotion.com
Thu Aug 12 18:57:14 EDT 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 12:08 PM, Paul Reinheimer wrote:

> Can you expand a bit more on what the problem was? Before <?php was on
> line 1, what was there?

Sorry, this is really a follow up to another thread which was
discussing the problem. But basically that was it, Authentication was
working, but  not the session portion. In other words, I had to
re-login whenever I refreshed the page. At that time, I had the Auth
logic embedded or included into the middle of some other HTML.

When I moved it to the top of the page, the session portion worked
fine. I thought this was odd and not  very flexible, but the trick, I
guess, is to include the Auth classes at the VERY top and do a
$a->start();    and you put other Auth logic anywhere on the page. But,
still that seems to me that if you want the login form somewhere else
but the top, you need to use a custom login form, not the Auth
generated one, but I haven't played with it enough to see if there is a
way around that as well.

Matt terenzio