[nycphp-talk] PEAR files not in directory I expected

Christopher R. Merlo cmerlo at ncc.edu
Thu Aug 19 13:56:52 EDT 2004

Folks:
I'm trying to use some PEAR stuff for the first time on this
particular server.  The include path in the php.ini is, as I expected,
/usr/share/pear.  That directory exists, but has very few files in it.
After a find for QuickForm.php, I noticed it's in /usr/local/lib/php/.
Should I move the files, make a symlink, change my include path,
re-install PEAR, or something else?  The server's running Debian
stable, and I have root access.

TIA,
-c

--
  cmerlo at ncc.edu             http://turing.matcmp.ncc.edu/~cmerlo

It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential
programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.
 - Edsger W. Dijkstra, SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 17, Number 5