[nycphp-talk] PHP5, Oracle 9i, failure to connect

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Aug 25 18:37:06 EDT 2004

Hi Nathan:

I'm running Oracle 9i on a Windows 2000 machine and connecting to it
via PHP w/o problems.

I uncommented this line in the php.ini files:
    extension=php_oci8.dll

I'm using PEAR DB as my API.  My DSN for that is:
    oci8://user:passwd@/db

Which translates into a PHP connect method of:
   OCILogon(user,passwd,);

If I read your posts correcly, your scritps are on your development
server and your Oracle instance is on a different server you're
accessing via the internet.  So, my experience above doesn't exactly
apply.

Perhaps there's a firewall keeping you out?  Perhaps Oracle isn't
configured to allow connections from your machine, let alone any other
machine?  You're using the oci8 extension, right?

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/