[nycphp-talk] Integration for small non-profit

John Lacey jlacey at att.net
Thu Dec 2 22:50:33 EST 2004

Dn. Kirill Sokolov wrote:

> Accounting
> Donor Management
> Bookstore (POS)
> Academic Records / Registrar
>
> The glue that holds this all together in a relational database is the
> contacts table.
>
> I think that for our needs, one of the higher end Quickbooks
> applications would do perfectly well for accounting; almost any donor
> management program would be fine (e.g., Donorperfect or even the
> nonprofitbooks program designed for Quickbooks).  POS and Academic
> programs need only to share a contacts database.

look into SQL-Ledger--it's an open source accounting system that uses
PostgreSQL -- an Open Source database.  Postgres is a little more work
setting up than MySQL (at least in my experience -- feel free to jump in
listies).

link to SQL-Ledger:
http://www.sql-ledger.org/

There will probably be some other folks chiming in here with other
suggestions for the other apps.

hope that helps,
John