[nycphp-talk] PHP magazines

Ben Ramsey ben at atlphp.org
Tue Dec 14 14:26:08 EST 2004

Aaron Fischer wrote:
> One thing to note, the issue of php architect came almost immediately,
> whereas I am still waiting (three weeks later) for the issue of
> international php magazine to arrive.

This will almost always happen because PHP Mag is located in Germany. It
takes me two months to get their issues.

php|a comes a bit quicker to me, but I still get it a month after it's
been released. For example, I just received the November 2004 issue
yesterday, but the December issue is already out. (I'm located in
Atlanta, so I guess it takes longer to get to me.)

Needless to say, I'm a bit upset with the delay in receiving both of
these publications, but there's not much I can do about that.

Since each magazine competes with the other, they try to stay on top of
news and latest trends. So, content-wise they're both pretty good. Both
use well-known speakers, writers, bloggers, and developers for their
material. I also have spoken to the editors of both publications, and
they're both great people who are seeking the best possible content for
the community.

I think it may come to this for you: PHP Mag is published bi-monthly (6
issues a year), whereas php|architect is published monthly. So, it may
come down to how many issues you want for your money. Still, if budget
would allow for both, I'd say to get both.

--
Ben Ramsey
Zend Certified Engineer