[nycphp-talk] Session security: protecting against hijacking attempts

Eric Rank flakie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 20:42:43 EST 2004

Thanks for the feedback.

Using SSL will be an option when it's available. I'm just trying to
figure out some best practices in order to stop the gaps as much as
possible. I just want to know what IS possible and if I'm missing
anything.

>From the responses so far, it seems that (just as you say, Chris) I
should use SSL for the really important stuff. Otherwise, a mixture of
timeout settings, useragent and ip verification, and possibly the use
of cookies, are the best, if not only, means of verifying the session.

Although, my gut tells me that there's some other creative solution possible...

- Eric Rank