[nycphp-talk] WAMP on a new XP box with SP2 possible?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 16:44:49 EST 2004

Hey Dan,

Turned off Windows firewall, and the same error occurs. The install
does its thing, and at the end a DOS window pops up and says:

"Only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted. :
make_sock : could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80"

And then closes itself after a few seconds.  After closing, a new DOS
window that complains that the service "Apache" could not be found.

Anyone out there install Apache 2.0.X on a new XP SP2 machine with success?

-- Mitch