[nycphp-talk] AMD64 phpMyAdmin with PHP 5

Mark Horton mark at nostromo.net
Sun Dec 26 23:46:16 EST 2004

Hans Zaunere wrote:
>>Is anyone using phpMyAdmin on AMD64 with PHP 5?  I'm getting segfaults
>

> Yeah - using mysql and mysqli extensions on Fedora/SuSE on various AMD
> 64 boxes.

What versions of PHP, Mysql, and Apache are you running?  Perhaps I'll
try it with a known good combination first.

>>when I try to use "mysqli".  If I switch to just "mysql" then it works
>>fine.  However, I'm using mysql 4.1.8 and would like to use mysqli.
>

> I'm betting the problem is a cross of 32bit and 64bit versions of
> things.  Are you sure you have the AMD64 binaries from mysql.com?  And,
> you need to download the client libs... and ensure you have the
> AMD64/x86_64 versions.  Mixing 32 and 64 will cause problems.

> And this also goes for other libs.  If you link 64bit libs into PHP, and
> mix 32bit libs in too, you'll likely have problems, which may also be
> hard to avoid.  Meaning, unless you're using PHP 5.1 (from CVS) you
> can't really point it to use the 64bit libraries.  Thus, if you have
> some 32bit libs, and some 64bit MySQL libs, you'll have problems.

Would ldd tell me this?  When I do "ldd libphp5.so" it reports only 64
bit libs.  I'm completely stumped.  I'm running off a clean install of
suse 9.2 (although I had the same problem on suse 9.1).  The only verion
of mysql I have is 64bit.

Mark