[nycphp-talk] trouble with PHP5 CGI Suse 9.1 - client denied by server configuration

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Tue Dec 28 21:27:29 EST 2004

Hi all,

to save others endless hours of banging their heads against a wall made of
green SuSe lizards, I am posting this fix, which I think did the trick (I
need to check to see if all the extensions are working okay though).

In /etc/apache2/httpd.conf the changes at the end should be slightly
different:

ScriptAlias /php5 /usr/local/php5_try2/bin

<Directory /usr/local/php5_try2/bin/>
        Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/php5docs>
        AddHandler php-cgi-script .php
        Action php-cgi-script /php5/php
        Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

The parts that are critical and needed is:

Order allow,deny
Allow from all

Best regards,

- Jay
PS:
Why does SuSe set up MySQL 4.0 with no user accounts created? Is the
correct behavior? I guess I should edit the my.cnf file to add users ?