[nycphp-talk] Re: linux desktop (wuz: TA04-033A: Multiple Vulnerabilities in MicrosoftInternet Explorer)

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Wed Feb 4 05:43:29 EST 2004

> > Speaking of which, how many of you use linux as your primary desktop?
Now
> > that I don't do much design, it's more and more tempting every day, but
> > still feel I'll suffer some windows withdrawal... Outlook and photoshop
for

i was in the same boat until i realized KDE/QT was one of the most powerful
things ever programmed :-)  although i will probably still be dual booting
my thinkpad between xp and redhat 9 for the next 10 years ... i was very
happy to see alot of new "import" features on linux, so i end up mounting
the xp partition as a drive and import all my messages between outlook +
kmail.

the design is what kills it, id have to take a 3 month class on gimp to get
up to speed on doing the same work w/ photoshop :-(  i think thats the
*only* thing keeping it as a primary desktop for me.

- jon