[nycphp-talk] Re: linux desktop

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Wed Feb 4 10:07:49 EST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, jon baer wrote:

> btw,
>
> anyone catch the linux commercial during the superbowl?  i thought it was
> pretty good, got my attention ... in case you missed it:
>
> http://www-306.ibm.com/e-business/doc/content/ondemand/tvspot.html
>
> "linux is shaking things up"

I did and I shouted out loud "YEAH!!!" at full volume when it was over.
Kinda got me where I live. The kid is about the age I was when Muhammed
Ali was the age he was in the clip, and I've always been a huge admirer,
and of course I love the Penguin too. My, those marketers are clever, they
know how to get to this forty-something male.

Continuing the desktop OS thread:  I'm a RedHat 9 dude on my home desktop
machine, and a Win2K dude at work where I have less choice in the matter.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17