[nycphp-talk] Using PEAR?

tom at supertom.com tom at supertom.com
Tue Feb 10 08:41:44 EST 2004

MessageI agree, you are not alone.  We have been following its progress and
are now starting to look at it again for serious use.  What prompted the
change in opinion for us was an installation of a piece of software (which
believe it or not I am forgetting) that we chose to install required it.
Plus, we had been developing in PHP long before PEAR, so we had (and still
have) lots of homegrown code that we rely upon, and really weren't in a
position to change it "just because".

<plug>Coincidently, this month at the LIPHP meeting (www.liphp.org), we will
be having a general discussion on PEAR, going over the various tools
provided by it, and running through some examples.</plug>

Tom
http://www.liphp.org

What's Tom listening to right now?  Find out here:
http://www.supertom.com/current_track.php