[nycphp-talk] crazy uses for header()

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Wed Feb 11 13:42:35 EST 2004

Hey List,
There is a curiosity about the use of the header() function that the
documentation cannot satisfy. I'm trying to find out if there is any way to
trick the func into redirecting to a page a la:

header("Location: xyz.php?arg1=foo&arg2=bar");

But all my fiddling around seems to be fruitless. If header will not work
for this operation - simple redirect with GET args - then what have you guys
found to work for this? A 300-series response, maybe? My next immediate
thought was to output a META tag to redirect. But this is not as universal
as I had thought.

Thanks,
Chris Bielanski - [CBielanski at inta.org]
Web Programmer,