[nycphp-talk] php install, libphp4.so?

bpang at bpang.com bpang at bpang.com
Tue Feb 17 12:08:42 EST 2004

I'm having some trouble getting php to install properly on a new system
(debian installed via knoppix).
This is my first forray into the debian world (former RH user).

Using current stable releases of httpd and php and installing as indicated
in the manual
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache.php
with a few extra configure options...
full configure statement:
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-axps=/www/bin/apxs
--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib --with-png-dir=/usr/lib --with-zlib-dir
--with-ttf --with-freetype-dir=/usr/lib --with-t1lib --enable-ftp
--enable-exif

It's not putting libphp4.so in /www/libexec or anywhere for that matter.

So I can't update httpd.conf to AddModule... :(

ideas? am I missing something?
this worked on a RH system just a few weeks ago

thanks,

Brian