[nycphp-talk] How many of you guys are "down" with Java/OO - l ike programming concepts?

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Wed Feb 18 16:33:13 EST 2004

I'm sure more answers will be verbose and forthcoming but in short:
Never stop trying to learn more. Nothing about the "scripter's perspective"
makes PHP an unusable tool - in fact I'd bet most of what you'd deem
"experts" still use a lot of scripting (perl, if I had to guess) and code
OO-style all the same.

Objects are a nice, tidy package that allow your code re-use to become much
more efficient once you've got the knack of it. Yes, there are some things
that from a purely procedural approach would be quite annoying. The reverse
is also true - sometimes being strict about OO is "just too much stuff" to
complete a simple task.

To quote Larry Wall - TMTOWTDI: There's More Than One Way To Do It.

Welcome aboard, get a helmet - you'll want it for later. ;)

~Chris