[nycphp-talk] your IDE? (was "Zend Survey")

nyphp at karin-net.info nyphp at karin-net.info
Thu Feb 19 17:49:51 EST 2004

I thought this topic was a nice dive in for me to introduce myself to
the list. I just joined yesterday.

My short intro: I'm a PHP hobbyist turned freelancer and student at
university in the netherlands. First PHP experience in 2000 for a
databases class, after that a lot of hobbying and since about a year
PHPing 'professionaly'.

I am not too well founded in the more advanced PHP topics but eager to
learn all I can and am hoping to make PHP programming my (main) source
of income in the near future.

My IDE (I am a windows user for the time being at least, you'll have
to forgive me)? I started out with UltraEdit with a favorite syntax
highlighting and recently have started using PHPEdit. I really like
PHPEdit though I must admit it's the first real (PHP) IDE I've used
and there are certain things I still use UltraEdit for, such as things
that require column mode (i.e. quick adaptions, like when I am porting
from phpBB's template system to patTemplate). And when I need to make
a fast change to a file on a remote server, since PHPEdit doesn't have
FTP support (though I have a peeve with UltraEdit's FTP support not
keeping connections alive and opening a new connection for all files
you save with save all even when all say 5 files are from the same
server, big pain when the server has a slow FTP login process).

Anyway, that's my ramblings, I hope to learn and perhaps even
contribute some in this list.

Best regards,

Karin van den Berg
http://www.freelancephp.nl/index.php?language=english