[nycphp-talk] Designing without register_globals

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Sun Feb 22 22:50:34 EST 2004

--- Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:
> Their other Major Point is the Multi-valued field.  AFAICT, it's a
> field that can hold multiple values (DUH!). I can see where that
> would be quite handy, but as their sole claim to fame... :-?

There's definitely more to them than that. As an example, most companies
that made heavy use of Pick wrote all of their business logic in Pick.
It's more than a database - it's like an operating system, programming
language, and database, all in one.

> From what I can tell, they've "renamed" the PICK database(s) as a
> "multivalued database".

Pick is a brand that has sort of been diluted, just like Unix.
Multi-valued database is the generic term.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/

PHP Security - O'Reilly