[nycphp-talk] Easyphp

Web Page webpage at ureach.com
Sat Jan 3 21:17:25 EST 2004

Hi!

EasyPHP should work on your laptop.  I have "EasyPHP" installed
on a 380MHZ AMD K-2 computer running Win98.  It works OK.  If
you know how to tweak "php.ini" for things like timeouts and
warnings you should be OK.  It does not run as fast as if it is
on an AMD Altheon but it will work OK.

It also installs easily.  I run "Moodle" ( http://moodle.org )
and  "phpNUKE" ( http://phpNUKE.org ).

Make sure you install the program off the "C" directory and not
the "Program Files" directory.  So after the install you should
have,
C:\EasyPHP1-7
and not
C\:Program Files\EasyPHP1-7

Make sure you read the following install tutorial before
installing the program.
Rod's Guide for EasyPHP Install Guide 1.7
http://www.canowhoopass.com/guides/easyphp/

WP
Webbing Along ;):)

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Sat, 03 Jan 2004, Jeff Siegel (jsiegel1 at optonline.net)
wrote:

> Now you're talkin'! Get a new laptop!
>
> Jeff
>
> Chris Snyder wrote:
> > charlie derr wrote:
> >
> >> Install linux on the laptop :-]
> >

> > As long as we're making irrational suggestions for a
last-minute trip,
> > go buy an Apple PowerBook. PHP is part of OSX.
> >
> > But seriously, it's not so difficult to get AMP running on a
Win laptop.