[nycphp-talk] Re: File uploading - File Permission

Webapprentice . webapprentice at mail.com
Wed Jan 7 00:24:53 EST 2004

What about if I change it to 666?
I need to be able to write the file to a target directory after I move it out of /var/tmp (where PHP keeps uploaded files temporarily)

I took the precaution of creating the target directory in a place NOT in public_html.  That way, a user couldn't attempt to access the file via URL.  I also check the file extension to make sure it ends in .bmp, .jpg, or .gif.  I was under the impression that in order to execute PHP, Perl code, the server has to recognize the extension.

--Stephen