[nycphp-talk] OT: What are you doing against Spam ?

Mark Armendariz nyphp at enobrev.com
Thu Jan 15 11:56:49 EST 2004

For the client side I have a combination of cloudmark spamnet and a bayesian
based processor with ms outlook 03.  Most of my spam is caught by cloudmark,
and the bayesian pluigin catches everything else, which once a week, I flip
though (basically just a glance over as it does an incredible job) and
'block' all the ones that got by cloudmark, which adds them to the cloudmark
db.

I probably get about 300 - 600 spam messages a week using appx. 25 accounts
(most of my spam comes from one domain though).  With these two tools I get
about 3 - 10 per week.

Cloudmark: <http://www.cloudmark.com>
SpamBayes: <http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/>

Cloudmark Stats
Emails Processed 46,544
Spam Caught 19,061
Spam I've blocked 2,460

And spambayes has no stats for me.

Serverside solutions tend to worry me as I can't scan them in my client.  I
like the fact that I can double check, although the draw of those emails
never making it here is pretty tempting.