[nycphp-talk] OT: What are you doing against Spam ?

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Thu Jan 15 12:01:07 EST 2004

That's an easy one! I just invoke the CAN SPAM Act! It works like a
charm! ;)

But on a serious note, this problem is really getting out of hand. With
Outlook Express (and Outlook) I was using Spamkiller which does a fairly
decent job of filtering the mail. (I wrote a mini-review of it which you
can see at http://ezdatasolutions.com/About/index.html ...software
reviews are at the bottom of the page). There are other programs out
there that are similar to Spamkiller.

Jeff Siegel

Ophir Prusak wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've reached the point where I really need a tool to help me combat spam.
> Until now the only weapon I've been using is the delete key :(
>
> I'm currently using Outlook Express and am checking 3 different accounts.
> One with pop3 and the other two with imap.
>
> I'd really like to know what other tools / solutions other people are using.
>
> Ideally I could keep on using Outlook Express, but am willing
> to consider other emails clients (like Thunderbird).
>
> Thanx,
> Ophir

Found on the Simpson's Website:
"Ooooooh, they have the internet on computers now!"