[nycphp-talk] perspective on NYPHP at Linuxworkd

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Thu Jan 22 07:44:04 EST 2004

I know not everyone on the list can
make it to our booth at LinuxWorld.

So, I thought the readers of this list
might like to hear something about
how things went the first day.

Firstly, if I had had my thinking cap on,
I would have kept a written journal.
As it is, I will have to give the scraps
of things which I can remember 'off the cuff'.

I arrived later that I had intended --
about noon.

The booth is located in the .org
pavilion on a fairly well-trafficked
row. Our booth is between the 'Bastille
Linux' booth(#4) and NYLUG's booth (#12).
(if you really interested here's a link
to a map:
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/linuxworldny/V40/floorplan/floorplan.cvn?map
=10 )

Our booth is not to far from the O'Reilly
boot (#357) and that seemed at first to be
where most of the foot-traffic was flowing
from -- but later I noticed that the flow
changed direction and strength randomly.

We ran out of some of the handouts and
ran low on others -- there is a lot of
interest.

Whoops this post rambled longer than I
intended, sorry. If there is something
that you want to know about at the expo
contact me off list and I will try and
act as you 'eyes and ears' at the show --
that is of course with restrictions caused
by the limited time I will have at my disposal.

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com