[nycphp-talk] Custom Form Fields

joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com
Fri Jan 30 10:32:29 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Mark Armendariz wrote:

> I've been tossing about a similar idea, although since the majority of my
> clients are designers, it's really important for me to allow the client full
> control over the html of the forms.  I posted an example of a prototype for
> allowing that recently.
>
> http://www.enobrev.com/form/
>
> I think such a system should be built that would allow anywhere from full
> form generation to simply data handling, while giving the designer full
> control of display.
>
> I've given clients solutions in the past involving a sepereate table with a
> whole mishmosh of dependencies.  It would be great to come up wth a good
> generic solution.
>
> Mark

Has anyone seen this:

http://www.dadabik.org/

"DaDaBIK is a free PHP application that allows you to easily create a highly customizable Web form interface for a MySQL database in order to search, insert, update and delete records; all you need do is specify a few configuration parameters."

Just found it in my last ditch effort to find an existing script to allow a community to make product comparison charts, a la Consumer Reports.

Looks good, think I'll give it a try.

Josh