[nycphp-talk] [ot] Web tree command available?

inforequest sm11szw02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jul 2 14:01:03 EDT 2004

Jon Baer jonbaer-at-jonbaer.net |nyphp 04/2004| wrote:

>I was actually looking for something that was more remotely mapable ...
>something such as powermapper (powermapper.com i think) but not GUI, just
>a CLI tree overview of a website, probably not that hard using regex and
>wget.  I should make it a little PHP5 app instead of lazily shleping
>around the web looking for one :-)
>
>- Jon
>
>On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 01:13:02PM -0400, Tim Gales wrote:
>

>>"PHP Traverser is a script that makes a directory
>>browsable recursively, i.e. with this script it is

I don't see how you could get this info without spidering, and once you
start writing a spider you need to consider all the aspects of cloaking,
robots.txt, and  dynamic nature (do you want a virtual tree or the real
deal??). You don't want to gte caught in one of my spidertraps :-)  and
mine aren't nearly as vicious as many out there.

Quite another story if it is your own site or one you have admin access to.

-=john