[nycphp-talk] Parsing <php: possible?

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Wed Jul 21 19:39:23 EDT 2004

 Jon Baer writes:
> Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 7:23 AM

> Tim Gales wrote:
>
> | " ...As long as JSP coding allows inline coding, it is very
> convenient
> | (especially when deadlines are looming) to make last-minute changes
> | with inline code, rather than converting the code to a tag
> library..."
>
> come on .. how many libraries actually start out *as*
> libraries? none ..

This is sad but true -- especially with the Java
programmers I come in contact with.

They say things like "Don't spend time on a generalized solution
before you need it."

Also mention is made that they are using an 'Extreme Programming'
methodology.

Maybe I don't 'get it', but this methodology seems to me not to be
'Extreme Programming' but rather extremely bad programming --
just coding without thinking first and without regard to a
thought out library.

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com