[nycphp-talk] Development environment?

John Lacey jlacey at att.net
Thu Jul 29 22:49:41 EDT 2004

Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> Now I can do something in Fireworks and it takes minutes, something that
> would take the whole dingdong day with anything else.  I think you will
> be just fine, as long as you spend the time to learn the Fireworks way
> of doing things(tm).

my partner in crime, Lori, who has more graphic talent than she realizes
now does most of her website design using Fireworks, and she's an
extremely accomplished Photoshop wiz.  As for me, I'm graphically
challenged and do the backend stuff.  We happily just landed a client
where I can do the backend using PHP/MySQL :)  after a few .ASP sites
because of hosting...

my real reason for this post though, is that I've just installed Mambo
and it is one very slick CMS.  And my hosting co. makes it too easy as
well (fantastico intaller)--check this list out:

http://www.edmunds-enterprises.com/linux/hosting_plans.php

and they keep things up-to-date as well as run apache 1.3 (phpinfo)
http://www.cerebralfusion.com/info.php

if you back up one, you'll see my 'work in progress' from a couple days
ago--I've got the tagline up at least :)

John