[nycphp-talk] What does a 40k(ish) salary get me?

Ophir Prusak lists at prusak.com
Wed Jun 2 17:18:43 EDT 2004

Hi All,

The company I work at (I'm the lead developer) has OKed an additional
developers position at around 40k (40+).
I've been looking at some other job offers out there to get an idea of
how experienced a developer we can get for that ballpark.

I saw a few postings on craigs list like these:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/eng/30780251.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/eng/30286153.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/eng/31709044.html

and I'm wondering - can I really get a "PHP Rock Star" with "thorough
knowledge and experience in PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript" and "3+ years
experience" for 40k?

Thoughts ?

Thanx
Ophir

p.s.
I'll put up an official job posting in a couple of days so please don't
send me any resumes yet ;)