[nycphp-talk] What does a 40k(ish) salary get me?

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Wed Jun 2 18:57:34 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 17:18, Ophir Prusak wrote:
> and I'm wondering - can I really get a "PHP Rock Star" with "thorough
> knowledge and experience in PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript" and "3+ years
> experience" for 40k?

no

You will however get someone who "thinks" they are a "rock star" and
trumpets about 3+ (insert hazy definition of three years) and who will
jack up your databases real good ;)

You pay for what you get in general and 40k is 'really' bad for here in
NY when the building janitors average salary is 70k.

--
joeldg - developer, Intercosmos media group.
http://lucifer.intercosmos.net