[nycphp-talk] PHP + Windows + cURL

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Jun 4 13:21:27 EDT 2004

Hi Adam:

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 01:05:24PM -0400, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

> Yes. I set my extensions dir to c:/php/ and moved php_curl.dll from
> ext/ to the root directory. Inside c:/php/ I have both libeay32.dll
> and ssleay32.dll.
>
> Now it says it can't find ssleay32.dll. Do I need to add c:/php/ to
> some form of Windows library search path?

Quit making things hard on yourself.  Add the dlls' dir to the path
environment variable.  That way you don't have to move anything anywhere.
I don't know why PHP's instructions continually tell users to start moving
DLL's all over the place.  It's a complete waste of time and a gigantic
hastle in the long run when upgrading.

Anyway, here's my path:
C:\PROGRA~1\php;C:\PROGRA~1\php\dlls

My php.ini:
extension_dir = "c:\progra~1\php\extensions"

And here are the file locations, which I've never touched:
c:\progra~1\php\...
    extensions\php_curl.dll
    dlls\libeay32.dll
    dlls\ssleay32.dll