[nycphp-talk] PHP + Windows + cURL

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Fri Jun 4 13:31:03 EDT 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Daniel Convissor wrote:

> Quit making things hard on yourself.  Add the dlls' dir to the path
> environment variable.  That way you don't have to move anything anywhere.
> I don't know why PHP's instructions continually tell users to start moving
> DLL's all over the place.  It's a complete waste of time and a gigantic
> hastle in the long run when upgrading.
>
> Anyway, here's my path:
> C:\PROGRA~1\php;C:\PROGRA~1\php\dlls

Ah yes. That's what I would have done normally, but I didn't know if
such a setting existed on Windows and how I would go about setting
it.

Anyway, I just Googled and, well, it's easy. You're right; the
instructions should be changed.

Thanks for all the help.

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!