[nycphp-talk] PHP Solution for Website stats

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Tue Jun 8 08:26:44 EDT 2004

Jeff Siegel writes:

> ... A visitor has to fill out three forms in
> sequence. You would think that pages 1, 2, 3 would show up
> some time in
> the logs...but they do not...at least the "sequence" doesn't
> always show
> up. Sometimes only page1 and page 3 will show up...sometimes
> none of the
> pages show up even though the logs say that the subdirectory has been
> accessed.

I am assuming that you are using session tracking along
the lines suggested in the recipe for working
with multi-page forms (from PHP Cookbook).

So, if you set up a separate error log
you can send tracer messages to that log
and see if that sheds any light on the
situation.

As a general footnote:

A php developer named Gyozo Papp wrote some error
handling stuff which might be of interest to readers
of this list -- it is pretty usable (my opinion of course)

http://freshmeat.net/projects/errorhandler

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com