[nycphp-talk] Zend PHP Certification

Allen Shaw ashaw at iifwp.org
Fri Jun 18 09:37:04 EDT 2004

Chris wrote:
> This could be particularly useful when coming to PHP from languages with
> different programming conventions, like Java or TCL, or for coders in
> one or two person shops where the style is homegrown. I've seen plenty
> of code that would never have been written had the author been aware of
> some common best practices.
>
> I hope NYPHP will offer training (online and off) to pass certification
> if the community embraces it -- would anyone be interested in such a
> thing, either for themselves or their colleagues?

I can definitely see myself in the "homegrown" category, and as I'm coming
to a place where I'm trying to involve a couple more programmers in existing
projects, I'm just *hoping* none of my potential coding partners will say
"gee, this code never would have been written had ALLEN been aware of some
common best practices."

Interested in training for the certification? Yep.

- Al