[nycphp-talk] Zend PHP Certification

Mark Armendariz nyphp at enobrev.com
Fri Jun 18 10:25:44 EDT 2004

 > lol ... someone with a "Bachelor of Science in BSing"?
>
> i need to get my resume to your human relations department as
> soon as possible ...

Hehe.. The point is, that a good conversation in a comfortable environment
can tell you quite a bit about a person.  Of course having the work and
references to show experience is key, but you can learn a great deal about a
person's ability to communicate with you, your clients and with themselves
in every day conversation.  You can also get a good feel for how open they
are to ideas and how rational they are.

The honesty from the conversation away from the interview will generally let
you know how compatible you and your team will be with them as well,
considering you may end up spending more time with them than you do with
significant others.

> i think the certs are fair and justifiable,

And I agree, especially with the earlier example, which sounded like a great
implementation.  If it's done well, then it's well worth it.

Mark