[nycphp-talk] Off Topic: International Outsourcing

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Tue Jun 29 16:45:09 EDT 2004

Jeff Loiselle sent a Wired News story about someone who outsourced his
own job...

I'm sure my employers feel that I've done the same thing, sometimes.

Them: "So what does this foo() method do?"
Me: "Uhhhh, it should, ummm, you know, foo."
Them: "Uh-huh."
Me: "I haven't looked at that code in weeks, let me get back to you..."

Anyway, what's the difference between this guy and a salesman who makes
a huge commission by landing a contract that someone else is in charge
of fulfilling?