[nycphp-talk] OT: Need help with XP and HP LaserJet 2200

Phillip Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Tue Jun 29 19:39:39 EDT 2004

Sorry, I've turned to everyone I know, and everyone I know knows Linux
now (including me) and not XP.  Barring reconfiguring everything to RH
(dream, but not reality):

We have two new XP-enabled machines here at work and neither will print
using our existing HP LaserJet 2200 Series PCL 6.  I downloaded the
proper drivers from http://www.hp.com and attempted several
reinstallations of printers, to no avail.

Each time it will attempt to print, only to time out and throw a
timeout-related error each time it tries to print: "The document has
failed to print".

Has anyone out there had experience working with both XP and HP LaserJet
printers? I am on a serious time crunch and have to have this configured
by morning and I'm stuck!

Help!

Thanx
Phil