[nycphp-talk] Introduction

Paul Reinheimer preinheimer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:22:25 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I have had the pleasure of attending two NyPHP meetings (the most
recent two in fact) and really enjoyed them, and hope to continue the
learning by joining and participating in this list. It was suggested
that I introduce myself, so here goes.

I am living in NYC for the summer on a work visa, and will be
returning to Canada on or before August 31, or Homeland Security will
be more than happy to assist me to the nearest detention center.

I started playing with PHP quite a while back in what I might is the
standard way for programmers. I was using a program (phpBB) that
someone else wrote and was curious as to how it worked. Experimented
for a while, discovered I enjoyed coding in PHP, and the rest they say
is history.

I am currently working for MetaMachine (authors of eDonkey & Overnet)
here in NYC, and am able to use PHP on a limited basis, making changes
to phpBB and cleaning up some of the admin interfaces we use to manage
our User & Advertiser accounts. I have used PHP in many personal (my
website, small pet sites, etc,) and professional (here, built the
Enwin Utilities corporate intranet, etc) projects, and am looking
forward to PHP5.

My particular interests in PHP would be scalability, templating and security.

thanks for having me
paul