[nycphp-talk] php surveys

DeWitt, Michael mjdewitt at alexcommgrp.com
Wed Mar 3 15:48:21 EST 2004

We use it and have kinda forked it to get some extra functionality out of it
as the developer was slow to embrace new question types and formatting
features.  Some simple things like section headings, and text box sizing are
missing (or at least were when I last looked which has been a while).

We use it for our "light" surveys as its layout is pretty much fixed and the
data is kind of chunked out into different tables depending on question type
so that it takes some work to put it back together so you can have
meaningful column headings and data presented in a single table format for
analysis. Its own results page seems fairly capable but very rigid and I
believe is not intended to be shown to users (though I am sure you could
make it so).

Here is an example page: https://www.alexcommgrp.com/csg/csnsurvey0803.php

For heavy-duty surveys, we re-use in-house code and develop custom html and
datastructures to suit the survey.

phpESP really wasn't too bad to work with and it may be a great start for
you as it was for us.

Mike